Friday, December 12, 2008

Blonde?

Alright, so today was a big day in the life of Whitney. I went from a brunette to a blonde. I have always had the same hair. Light Brown, shoulder-chin length, some layers. Basically, nothing exciting. But I've always been okay with that. My sister laughs at me because I'll tell her "I dyed my hair!" and then she asks, "Is it the exact same color?" and then I reply sheepishly, "Yes..." So anyway, it was time for a change. I decided to throw in some blonde. I made my friend Amy go with me for moral support and basically make sure I actually went through with it. So, we headed over to my friend, Hilary's, and since I was driving, we got lost. Hilary was so nice for dealing with all my nervousness. It took almost 4 hours to do the whole head. So many foils! When all was said and done, I looked like this (arrow down for pic)! I loved it at first glance and then, I went home and stared at myself and had some doubtful thoughts, like, ah! It doesn't look like me at all! But, the more I saw it, the more I was okay with it and the girls at my work were very supportive. Thanks guys!

A million foils!!



For some reason, one side looks lighter in this light, but I don't think it is.


Here's sort of a before and after. That second picture cracks me up. I have a serious "deer in headlights" look. Apparently, the color was a shocker.

I know to most of you, you'll be like, that's not a big change, especially because the pics don't really show it very well. But for me, it was a huge change! So yes, I am a blonde! The End.

4 comments:

emily said...

Love it! Be confident, it looks amazing.!

Ashley and Devon said...

i love love love it! whit, i think it looks great!

yourstrulydear said...

cuuuute!

Pam And Scott said...

I can't wait to see it for reals...
You look like a sexy blond chick!! I bet Leo likes it.. You know they say "Blonds Have more Fun!! I don't know if that is true for you, you are always a blast!!
I guess that is why I'm a brunette, I'm a little boring:)